- Please verify that both you and the individual you want to nominate are ACAC members.
- For the Legislative Service Award & the Researcher ACAC membership is not a requirement.
- Self-nominations are permitted.
- Only one nomination, for one award, per year
- Nominations may be submitted to ACAC.Awards@gmail.com
Prepare your nomination:
Please keep in mind that the ACAC reviewers are relying on the information you provide, as well as any supporting information, to choose the most deserving recipient. Please address each ACAC nomination guideline and ensure your nominee meets the award criteria and requirements.
Supporting Material (refer to award description) – If there are materials (news reports, journal articles, etc.) that you feel help support the nominee’s achievements, please include a copy. You may also include a copy of the nominee’s curriculum vitae (CV), abbreviated CV for page limitations, or resume, if available. These may be no more than four pages highlighting the nominee’s relevant accomplishments.
Supporting Letters (refer to award description) – A maximum of two supporting letters from others familiar with the nominee(s) and their accomplishments may be submitted.
I. School Counselor Advocate Award
This award goes to a school counselor who demonstrates exceptional advocacy while providing students with developmentally appropriate programming and being an active and collaborative member of the school community.
- Describe how this school counselor practices advocacy for children & adolescents.
- Describe how this school counselor is an active and collaborative member of the school community.
- Describe how this school counselor provides developmentally appropriate programming with an emphasis on prevention.
II. Lifetime Achievement Award
This award recipient has an extensive history of advocacy for the mental health of children and adolescents. This advocacy may be demonstrated by a history of research and/or publication, mentoring, and involvement in the mental health counseling community.
- Describe how this nominee demonstrates advocacy for children & adolescents.
- Describe any history of research, publication, and offering professional development.
- Describe how this nominee demonstrates mentoring and involvement in the mental health community.
III. Clinical Mental Health Counselor Advocate Award
This clinical mental health professional is a tireless advocate for child and adolescent mental health who stays current on research, participates in mentoring and has developed collaborative relationships with their local mental health community.
- Describe how this clinical mental health professional advocates for child and adolescent mental health, especially in the areas of prevention and interventions.
- Describe how this individual demonstrates that they have remained current on matters pertaining to child and adolescent mental health.
- Describe this nominees mentoring style, including any professional development offerings.
- Describe how this nominee demonstrated collaborative relationships with the local mental health community.
IV. Counselor Educator Advocacy Award
This counselor educator exemplifies both advocacy and outreach. This award recipient is a leader for change and has a history of mentoring, encouraging students to become involved in professional communities, and is committed to building relationships between the university and the surrounding community.
- Describe how this counselor educator acts as a leader for change.
- Relate how this counselor educator acts as a mentor and encourages students to become involved in their professional communities. Please mention any professional development this nominee has provided to both students and professionals.
- Please share how this counselor educator strives to create meaningful connections between their university and the surrounding communities.
V. Researcher Advocate Award
This researcher has demonstrated advocacy for the mental health of children and adolescents by participating and publishing research that may have impacted legislation, developed new methodology or challenged older methodology, or impacted the larger community. This award recipient need not be a member of ACAC.
- Describe how this nominee’s research impacts the mental health of children and adolescents, especially in the areas of prevention and intervention.
- Please share specific examples of research and describe how they may have impacted legislation, methodology, or the larger community.
- Share any instances of professional development offered by this nominee.
VI. Distinguished Professional Service Award
This award recipient is an active and contributing member in professional organizations that benefit the mental health of children and adolescents. The recipient will be selected based upon the depth and breadth of their contributions including leadership roles.
- Please list all organizations that this nominee is a member of and positions held.
- Describe how this nominee contributes to professional organizations that benefit the mental health of children and adolescents.
- Describe any professional development opportunities offered by or hosted by this nominee.
VII. Legislative Service Award
This legislator has worked tirelessly to advance the mental health of children and adolescents. This award recipient need not be a member of ACAC.
- Describe how this legislator has impacted the mental health of children and adolescents. Please be sure to include specific legislation advocated for and any legislation passed.
- Describe the community impact of this legislator’s advocacy for the mental health of children and adolescents.
VII. ACAC Emerging Leader
This award recipient is a new professional or a graduate student who has demonstrated aptitude and interest in leadership within the counseling profession, with a focus on advocacy for children and adolescents. This recipient will have demonstrated this by leadership experience with any current or past participation in state, regional, or national organizations and conferences.
- Describe how this nominee demonstrates aptitude and interest in leadership, with particular focus on that involving children and adolescents.
- Relate this nominee’s past experiences in leadership of professional organizations.
- Describe this nominee’s involvement in professional conferences.